VALLEY FORGE, PA (6/9/22)—The American Baptist Churches USA Office of the General Secretary welcomes applications for the Chestnut Street Baptist Church Endowment Fund Grant awards by July 15, 2022. The theme for 2022 will be “Holistic Health for Refugees and Immigrant Communities.”
The grant was established from the remaining assets of the Chestnut Street Baptist Church of Philadelphia, Pa., by the American Baptist Churches USA Office of the General Secretary. Applicants must be American Baptist churches or organizations based in Pennsylvania.
Grants are available for:
- maintaining a house of worship for Pennsylvania American Baptist churches’ congregants, teaching and preaching the Gospel through ministry to refugees, immigrants and persons of Asian descent; and/or
- funding seminary and other educational training for congregants of Pennsylvania American Baptist churches or those engaged in ministry to or with such churches; and/or
- hosting national and regional gatherings of Asian American Baptists; and/or
- encouraging and supporting Asian church planting in Pennsylvania; and/or
- participating in Asian refugee and immigrant work and resettlement as may be sponsored by Pennsylvania churches.
The application process is structured to help small ministries with limited staff time. Each applicant must complete the form, explain the need for and uses of the awarded funds, submit a budget for the ministry, and complete a report with stipulations detailing progress and outcomes related to the use of the grant. Only one application per church/organization will be considered per grant year for a maximum of $5,000.
A grant application and more information can be found here.
Photo by Markus Winkler on Unsplash