Join our community
ABHMS is providing the ministrElife platform and/or mobile platform (" ministrElife”) which provides a basic profile, American Baptist Personnel Services (ABPS) profile, ABPS Help Center, job boards, organization pages, digital signature, global search, video chatting, online meeting rooms, Webinar viewing and creation, survey viewing and creation, podcast listening and creation, activity dashboard, public, private and anonymous live, online communities, access to Bible study tools, culturally diverse sermons, and online and offline access to educational material, educational offerings, video on demand, professional resources, global search and the latest news (the " Services"), available to you from time to time on the terms and conditions of use detailed and further defined below.
Terms and conditions in the main sections of ministrElife shall be referred to as (“TC”). ABHMS reserves the right to modify and update TC from time to time by posting updated versions on the ministrElife site.
These User Terms will govern your access to and use of the Services. Please read these User Terms carefully before using ministrElife or using any Services. Your access to and use of ministrElife and the Services is conditional on your compliance with these User Terms. By downloading, installing, using or accessing ministrElife or using any Services, you agree that you understand and will be bound by these User Terms. If you do not accept these User Terms in their entirety, you have no rights to use or access any Services and should under no circumstances do so.
DISCLAIMER: the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by persons using ministrElife and the Services belong solely to those persons and not necessarily represent the views, thoughts or opinions of ABHMS .
By using ministrElife and the Services you consent to the collection and use of information. From time to time, ABHMS may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice or these terms and conditions. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes at our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
1. Eligibility ministrElife and the Services may only be used by persons in professional ministry, who have an active user profile maintained in ABPS and who are using a unique identifier such as an email address.
2. Limited License ministrElife is licensed, not sold, to you for use only under these User Terms. Subject to your compliance with these User Terms, ABHMS grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Services for your personal, non-commercial use on devices (a) that you own or control and (b) that are supported by ABHMS (the "Supported Devices"). ABHMS reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
3.1 Acceptable Use (General Rules) You may not: (a) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or attempt to derive the source code of ministrElife, any updates or any part thereof (except as and only to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to the extent permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any open sourced components included with ministrElife); (b) copy (except as necessary to download, install and access ministrElife as permitted herein), modify or create derivative works of ministrElife or the profiles or other data from ministrElife or the Services; (c) use ministrElife on any device that you do not own or control or that is not a Supported Device; (d) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent, sell or distribute ministrElife; (e) attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures; (f) interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network of ministrElife or the Services, including without limitation, sending a virus or overloading the system; or (g) impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (h) make ministrElife, the Services or any of their functionality available to multiple users, including by uploading ministrElife to network or file-sharing services; (i) make any fictitious member logins or profiles using ministrElife; (j) disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer)); and (k) make any statement, create any postings, or use the Services in any way which may be considered in violation of any government regulations or applicable laws.
3.2 Acceptable Use (Social Rules) You agree not to do any of the following while using ministrElife or the Services: post, publish or transmit any text, information or materials using ministrElife or the Services that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another's privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another's rights, including any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability.
3.3. Acceptable Use (Preparatory Acts and Remedies) Any attempt to breach any Acceptable Use Rule is a violation of the rights of ABHMS and its licensors. If you breach these rules, you may be subject to prosecution and an obligation to pay damages. You may not use ministrElife or the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever. ABHMS will have the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any Acceptable Use Rule, including intellectual property rights infringement and ministrElife security issues, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. Upgrades These User Terms will govern any upgrades (including new features or functionalities) provided by ABHMS that replace and/or supplement the original ministrElife or any Services.
5. Ownership ministrElife is owned by ABHMS, not sold, to you for use only under these User Terms. You may own or control the hardware on which ministrElife is accessed or used, but ABHMS retains all rights, title and interest in ministrElife, including all intellectual property rights therein. You acknowledge and agree that ministrElife and the Services, including the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, as well as the information provided to you through ministrElife or the Services, constitute or contain the proprietary rights of ABHMS, and may be protected by international copyright, authorship, trademark, trade secret and other laws, and that misuse thereof could be prohibited by law. You will not delete or in any manner alter the copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights notices or markings appearing on ministrElife or the Services as downloaded, installed or used by you.
6. Links ministrElife and the Services may contain links to third-party websites, or resources or system(s). You acknowledge and agree that ABHMS is not responsible or liable for: (a) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (b) the content, products or Services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites, or resources or systems do not imply any endorsement by ABHMS of such websites or resources or the content, products or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources and agree that ABHMS has no liability to you for any content that may be found to be inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable.
8. Connectivity Costs & Services You acknowledge that your connectivity service provider may bill you applicable airtime, data, usage fees and taxes for your use of ministrElife and any Services. Check your connectivity service provider’s plan for full details. Service may not be available in all areas. ABHMS is not responsible for any additional fees or charges you may incur in respect of connectivity when using ministrElife.
9. Term & Termination These User Terms remain effective until updated or terminated by ABHMS. Your rights under these User Terms will terminate automatically if you breach any of these User Terms. Upon termination for any reason, you must promptly destroy or un-install all copies of ministrElife in your possession or control and desist from using or accessing the ministrElife platform. ABHMS reserves the right - without liability of any kind - to suspend, disable, cease providing or change the features or functionalities of ministrElife or the Services at any time and without notice. ABHMS may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or functionalities of ministrElife or the Services.
10. No Warranty. ministrElife and the Services are provided "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE", without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. ABHMS makes no warranty: (a) that ministrElife or the Services will meet your requirements; (b) that ministrElife or the Services will be compatible with or operate in the combinations that you may select for use, or on the hardware or with the operating systems that you use; (c) that ministrElife or the Services will function on any particular device or operating system, irrespective of whether these are currently Supported Devices or systems; (d) that the operation of ministrElife or the Services will be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis, or that any defects, errors or service interruptions will be corrected; (e) regarding the quality of any products, services or information obtained through ministrElife or the Services; (f) regarding the performance, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information obtained through ministrElife or the Services; (g) that any third-party service providers, including connectivity service providers, device manufacturers (including manufacturers of Supported Devices), third-party websites, who contribute to, or are involved in, the operation, maintenance, provision or content of ministrElife or the Services (collectively, the " Service Providers"), will fulfil their obligations or provide their services; (h) that ministrElife or the Services will be available in all languages or in all countries, or that they will be appropriate to use in any particular location. No advice, or information, whether oral or written, obtained from ABHMS or through ministrElife or the Services will create any warranty or guarantee, whether express or implied.
11. Use of ministrElife at Your own Risk. Your access to and use of ministrElife and Services is at your own risk. ABHMS will have no responsibility for any harm to your device or its operating system, loss of data or other harm that results from your access to or use of ministrElife or the Services.
12. Limitation of Liability. In no event will ABHMS or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering ministrElife or the Services be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) or for the cost of procuring substitute products arising out of or in connection with these User Terms, or your access to or use of (or inability to access or use) ministrElife or the Services, or the performance (or non-performance) of ministrElife or the Services, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort, strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not ABHMS has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. ABHMS shall have no liability for errors or bias, or the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability or timeliness (or lack thereof), in any information, data, services, provided by any service provider. ABHMS shall have no liability to you or any third party for any content you upload using ministrElife or the Services.
13. The limitations listed above will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these User Terms is found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the legal relationship between ABHMS and you.
14. Nothing in these User Terms shall be taken as excluding or attempting to exclude or in any way restrict any liability: (a) to the extent it would be illegal or unenforceable at law for ABHMS to exclude or to attempt to exclude its liability; (b) for negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) for death or bodily injury to the extent arising directly from the negligence of ABHMS or that of its employees or agents; or (d) to the extent arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of ABHMS.
15. Indemnity You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ABHMS, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and court costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any content you submit or provide using ministrElife or the Services or your violation of these User Terms.
16. Copyright Infringement. ABHMS respects the intellectual property rights of others. You may not violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission;
You may not violate the intellectual property or other rights of ministrElife, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “ministrElife” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as provided in the Brand Guidelines.
17. Governing Law These User Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to or application of conflicts of law rules or principles.
18. General You may not assign or transfer any rights granted hereunder, by operation of law or otherwise, without ABHMS's prior written consent. The exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these User Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these User Terms or otherwise. All notices or approvals required or permitted under these User Terms will be in writing and delivered by overnight delivery service, by registered mail such addresses as may be specified by either party to the other or, for notices from ABHMS to you, to the unique email address you have registered under your user profile, and in each instance will be deemed given upon receipt. The failure by either party to enforce any provision of these User Terms will not constitute a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other provision. If any provision of these User Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible and the other provisions will remain in full force and effect. These User Terms are the complete and exclusive understanding and agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all proposals, understandings or communications between the parties, oral or written, regarding its subject matter, unless you and ABHMS have executed a separate agreement.
19. Cancellation and Refund Policy Terms
Free Trial Period
ABHMS is pleased to offer you a 90 day free trial of ministrElife. This allows time for you to enjoy the Services, to see whether they meet your particular needs, including determining technological compatibility and based upon your free use, to make a choice regarding the type and length of a subscription. If you register for a free trial, you may cancel at any time during the free trial period and incur no charge.
Automatic Renewals of Subscriptions.
Your subscription will automatically renew based on the subscription program you chose (e.g. annually, monthly, etc.). You will be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase at the beginning of each billing term of your subscription via the billing method you have provided to us. Please ensure that your billing information is correct to prevent your subscription from lapsing.
Prices and terms for subscriptions may change at any time. The price and terms in place when you made your initial purchase or when your subscription last renewed will stay in effect for the duration of that subscription period, but new prices and terms apply to renewals or new subscriptions. We will give you notice of any change in price or terms before they go into effect. If you do not want to renew your subscription under these new prices or terms, you may cancel your subscription as described below.
Cancelling Your Subscription
You may cancel your subscription at any time by going to any page of the ministrElife platform, clicking on the upside-down arrow in the top right of the page, next to your picture icon. Click on Settings, then Subscriptions, and then click on Cancel Subscriptions. You can also find it by clicking this link https://ministrelife.org/payment while logged into the platform. If you have any questions about this process, please contact support@ministrElife.org to help walk you through cancelling your subscription.
You'll receive a confirmation email of your subscription cancellation.
If you cancel your subscription plan, your access level will reset to the free levels of each feature at the end of your billing cycle.
There are no refunds of amounts paid for a subscription that has been cancelled.
Taxes and Fees
You will be responsible for all taxes and fees charged by other companies for overdraft fees, and credit card fees.